Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Lazy? Are You Kidding Me?

When the babies were little tiny tots I would get stopped constantly with questions.

Are they twins? Yes.

Are they both boys? No, one is in blue, the other is in PINK.

Are they identical? No, one is a BOY and one is a GIRL, they have different parts.

Are they real? By far my favorite question, and if I wouldn’t have been so stunned at the question my reply would have been much, much different.

And of course the comments - hands being full, two times the trouble, etc. By far the best one yet was today.


While the babies and I were shopping a man stopped to observe them - just like most people do - but rather than make one of the above listed stereotypical comments, he looked at me and said “You sure did take the lazy way out”.

I walked away from him with a bit of a sting in my heart. He has no idea what we went through to have them. The more I thought about it, the angrier I became….I actually tried to find him in the store to let him know my thoughts, but he was gone (probably better anyway – it would not have been pretty!).

The lazy way my ass! Being pregnant and big as a house with over 15 pounds worth of TWO babies plus all the other gunk that accompanied each one of them was not lazy. Carrying this around was not lazy for sure!


This was me just days before delivery. I am proud to say that I do not have a single stretch mark to this very day!



My poor swollen feet and ankles.... (yes, I did still manage to get a pedicure the day before delivery!)



I’m quite certain that enduring two years worth of testing and various medical procedures was not lazy. That injecting yourself (or having your husband do it for you!) with various lengths of needles in your stomach, thighs and behind was not lazy. And that feeding, burping, bathing, changing, diapering, and all of the other stuff for TWO newborns was not lazy. Chasing TWO toddlers around and trying to keep them both happy is really not lazy. Call me crazy, but I feel anything but lazy.


Overworked? Yes.

Tired? Yes.

Busy? Yes.

Overwhelmed? Sometimes.

Lazy? Nope.


No lazy here.

No comments: