Tuesday, March 16, 2010

View Through a New Lens

One day last week I noticed that my camera would no longer focus properly at all unless I had it set in manual mode. I thought it might be user error, and that I had inadvertently hit some sort of random button, but after a visit to the camera doctor, I was informed that my lens had seen its better days.

The cost to repair the lens was pretty steep, especially considering how old it was. After test driving a new lens and falling instantly in love, my new camera friend informed me of the price - YIKES!

After chatting a bit about my desires, needs and uses related to photography, we settled on a lens at half the price and what was a bit easier of a price tag tag to swallow.

All I can say is MY GOODNESS!! What a difference a new lens makes! I can now get those amazing close-up shots that the old lens just could not support.

I am in heaven!! Now if I could just find the time to escape and take a few actual lessons we might be in business!










1 comment:

Paula said...

You really need to become a professional photographer. You're the only non-photographer I know who takes good pictures. (I pride myself on being a good photographer as well so I really notice these things.)