Monday, March 22, 2010

Monday Adventure

Today began bright and early with Aidan's wake up call at 6:10 AM, shortly followed by Ella's at 6:22 AM. With Mike heading back to work at 6:30 AM after spending less than 24 hours with the family, I began the day irritated with my early rising children and a tad depressed about heading into yet another long week without Mike around.

Alas, life has no time for Mommy not to be functioning at 100% 24 hours a day, and off we headed to the Honda dealership for a much needed and long overdue oil change. I have to admit that I internally cringed as I handed over the keys and was told that they were running behind and to expect at least a two hour wait.

Hmm...this should be great fun with two energetic two-year olds.

I was informed that the fish tank was a sure thing to keep them entertained while I waited and that most children just sit captivated for the entire duration.

Well, it worked for approximately 1 minute and 23 seconds (yep, I timed it!). Once they discovered that there was no Nemo, they were done!


The cars around the corner were much more exciting and we ended up spending our wait time crawling in and out of each and every car in the showroom - including a jet ski. I am sure that the salesmen were thrilled with all of the nice new fingerprints added to the sheen of those new cars!






We even found one just the right size for Ella and Aidan!


By the time we left the dealership the kids were asking for lunch, so I decided to take them to Steak & Shake for something a little different.

They had a blast with the funny waitress, ate all of their meals, and loved their milkshakes! In fact, Ella even took over mine!






After a few "self portrait" photos, we were on our way.




All in all it turned out to be a pretty fun morning!

2 comments:

Paula said...

You're kids are smarter than a lot of other kids. That's probably why they could have given a rip about the fish.

nevalia said...

nice blog