Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Hint of Spring

The weather for the first part of this week is supposed to be simply wonderful, and we are going to soak up every possible minute of the gorgeous sunshine and 65 degree temperatures!

Yesterday morning we were thrilled to have Juliane, the boys and new baby Sully (1 month old) join us at our neighborhood park for some fun in the sun! We were also joined by some of Ella & Aidan's preschool classmates - Adams & Henry (they turn three in mid April) and their mom Teresa.

Despite the plentiful playground equipment, playing in the dirt turned out to be the highlight of the morning.


When Sully got hungry, Ella would not leave Juliane's side as she sat and fed him a bottle...I can only imagine the things Ella was telling poor Jul!


The kids eventually found their way to the top of a huge pile of fresh mulch waiting to be spread...which in turn led the way to the play castle.



After playing all morning, Juliane headed home and Teresa and I took the kids for some lunch where I worked on my skills at making things out of pizza dough - my take on a horse and a truck!



Then it was off for a bit of ice cream!


What a great morning filled with a healthy doses of Vitamin D for everyone!

2 comments:

Juliane M. Kilcoyne said...

Thank you for including us in a wonderful morning!

Paula said...

That is soooooo cute! Little Ella is so maternal. (My Mom says I was like that when I was her age.)