Friday, June 27, 2008

Congratulations Emily & Chris!

My little bother is married. In an absolutely stunning setting, he married his soulmate. They are simply perfect for one another. I am so happy for both of you, and hope you are having the time of your lives in Costa Rica for the next 10 days.

We had a wonderful, uneventful drive both on the way up and on the way home. They slept a lot and the DVD player was a good source of entertainment when needed. Ella and Aidan were remarkable for having traveled so many miles and for repeatedly being kept up way past their bedtime (their usual bedtime is 7 PM). It occurred to me on the way home that they had never been in the car in darkness before.

Both Ella and Aidan were fabulous in all restaurants - Aidan loved to "give" pieces of food to everyone and Ella waved and said "Bye-Bye" to everyone.

Unloading everything into the various hotel rooms was no small feat. It was the first time in all of our travels that we had used one of those luggage carts!! Two pack-n-plays, a basket of toys, a container of miscellaneous baby related items (food, hooded towels, bath toys, nightlight, sound machine, the infamous sleepy bunnies, etc), and suitcases for all four of us - and it all fit on one cart!

The location for the wedding (Ash Mill Farm) was simply stunning - and there were sheep and goats everywhere. Aidan ended up getting nibbled on by a goat! It was so wonderful to see Chris and Emily and to spend time with my family. It was also fantastic to finally get to meet Emily's wonderful family!

The wedding itself was remarkable. Absolutely gorgeous....many tears were shed. I cried the entire way through the reading I did during the ceremony. Actually, I think everyone was crying - the wedding was just so meaningful and special.

Emily was a stunning bride, and Chris was equally handsome. They are a perfect couple in every sense of the word.

What makes me sad is that I didnt get to take a single picture of the wedding day. Mike and I were so busy juggling babies that we never had a spare moment or spare hand to be able to grab the camera.

So, in an effort to at least have one good picture of the happy couple, I shamelessly pilfered one off of their wedding website.

Welcome to the family Emily!

I am so proud to call you my sister...and for Ella and Aidan to have a new Aunt!

No comments: