Sunday, June 15, 2008

To My Husband

Dear Mike,

From the minute Ella and Aidan entered this world, you have been the most amazing Father. Many Fathers are very hands off when it comes to raising the children, but you are the opposite.

I recall sitting in the recovery room just minutes after my C-Section with the babies. My parents were in the room with us and my Dad was holding Aidan. Neither Ella nor Aidan had a diaper on yet, they were just wrapped in blankets. Sweet little Aidan decided at that moment to give us his first little baby poop….but it wasn’t little!! It was the black tar-like stuff…and it went everywhere!! You simply swooped him up, cleaned him up and put on his very first diaper. I don’t recall, but I am sure that you did Ella’s first diaper as well.

I knew at that very moment that you were a natural Father.

Despite going back to work early on, you never hesitated to get up for all of the overnight feedings. You were exhausted and sleep deprived, but you never complained. Heck, I think you went to work to relax!!!

I love nothing more than watching you with the babies – that alone is worth every minute of stress and work that it takes to raise twin toddlers.

The sound of children in our home – the laughter, the baby babble, the tears, even the whining – are sounds I feared for so long that I would never hear. I treasure every minute of it – and look forward to the sounds of the future.

You are an amazing husband, and an even more amazing Father.

We love you!














No comments: