Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Things I Love About Being Ella & Aidan's Mom

Being pregnant. Simply stated, I loved it. Every single moment of it. Even the morning sickness that required medication (and was in full force all day long until I was well past six months along).

Feeling them move around and kick. It was something only I could feel. A secret between just the three of us. Aidan had all of the room - poor Ella put up a fight though, and danced on my bladder with all of her might!

Hearing them cry for the first time. I will never ever forget how it sounded or the feeling that washed over me in that instant.

The first kiss. I remember how their fresh new skin felt. Warm, soft and so sweet smelling.

The first time I held them.

The day that we came home. They were asleep the whole way. So small in the carseat, we had to pad it with towels and blankets.

Watching them sleep and dying for them to wake up just so I could hold them.

Just holding them both. Period.

Sleeping with them.

Never being alone.

Their honest and unconditional love.

Making them laugh.

Saying "boo" at them, only to see a huge smile!

When they reach for me to hold them.

Teaching them to say mama and dada.

Kisses – big, sloppy, open mouthed (often with tongue!) kisses!!

Hugs.

Having not one, but TWO reasons to be proud.

Watching them grow and become more independent, but then turn around to make sure that I am still there.

They believe in me.

The future.

No comments: