Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A Very Happy Birthday!

Well, I am another year older today.

As I thought about the passing years this morning, it occurred to me that this is the first truly happy birthday that I have had in a long time. So many of the past years were marked with the sadness of turning yet another year older with no children.

At my very first OB appointment with Ella and Aidan I was labeled "advanced maternal age" because I was 34. I remember telling them that I certainly wasn't of advanced maternal age when we started trying for these babies! Heck, if it had worked back then we would already have a three year old!

The twins were born last year just under the wire of my turning the dreaded 35. I had an excellent birthday that sadly got lost in the haze of the sleep deprivation that accompanies one month old twins. This year, I got to enjoy my babies with a clear, well-rested head.

We are off on the road tomorrow for the 12+ hour drive to Pennsylvania. Wish us luck! Last time we had this long of a road trip they were seven months old and slept the entire way. I do not think we will be that lucky this go-round!

I won't be be able to post again until we return next week...so in the meantime...an early congratulations to Chris and Emily as they begin their life together!!

No comments: