Thursday, July 1, 2010

Questions...and One Answer

The quantity of questions that come out of the mouths of two three-year olds is staggering. I love how full of curiosity our little ones are these days. Their inquisitiveness can be hilarious, insightful, and often times, purely exhausting.

If Ella and Aidan are awake, they are talking...non-stop. I am barraged with constant questions throughout the day, with “why” taking the cake by a long shot.

1. What does that smell like?


2. Have you always been my mommy?


3. What do lion’s eat?


4. Where’s Opa?


5. Do you understand me?


6. Does Mema like penguins?


7. Why?


8. What are you saying?


9. Is Daddy your favorite, too?


10. What letter does that start with?


11. Why?


12. Where did that come from?


13. Who bought that for me?


14. Why?


15. What’s that sound/noise?


16. Where are we going?


17. Is it to the right, or the left?


18. Are the birds potty trained?


19. Is it bedtime?


And finally, one with an answer:

20. Why is it dark?

Mommy: Because it’s bedtime.


Ella: No Mommy, it’s because the sun went down.

1 comment:

Paula said...

I think it is great that they asked who bought something for them. That shows early financial comprehension and thankfulness. I am also highly amused by the question of potty training.