Friday, July 9, 2010

Flashback Friday

Today brought about a combination of flashback emotions from my own childhood.  I don't have any pictures of myself in ballet gear to post, primarily because I just do not have any, but also because I simply despised the art of ballet. So much so that I routinely faked stomach aches to get out of class!

Flashforward many years and I find myself with my own daughter begging to take ballet "school", as she calls it.

So, I found a summer class that meets once a week for the month of July. We will use this class as a tester to see if she really likes ballet, and if so, perhaps continue on from there.

Needless to say, Ella was beside herself with excitement and could not wait to wear her leotard, tights and ballet slippers! So much so that she asked me to take pictures of her twirling!




After a little warming up at home, we were off to class - where she just pranced in like she owned the place and got right down to having fun in ballet "school".

The girls all twirled, jumped and pranced and eventually got around to a bit of tumbling. The pictures are fuzzy because us parents had to watch through a little door window that was was covered in blinds.




And this is when class was over for Ella. 

You see, Ella absolutely hates to be upside down. 

So, as I watched her bravely attempt a somersault, I also watched her scream in terror, cry out for me, and that was the end of ballet "school" for the day.

She managed to recover enough to rejoin class, but now has a hall pass for any future tumbling moves. 

Let's just say that gymnastics is not a likely endeavor anytime in her future! Maye she will take after me and wind up a horse girl after all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad she loved the ballet class. She looks so cute!!! -Dana

Paula said...

That is just precious!!!!