Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving Art


Ella and Aidan have been busy in preschool this month creating all sorts of fun stuff!

They have made turkeys on a stick from their handprints, decorated with feathers:


Cards made from their handprints with paint:


Ella's reads " I am thankful for donkeys! Happy Thanksgiving!", and Aidan's reads: "Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful for trucks!".


And laminated pictures of their turkey handprints.

On the front they read: "Turkey, turkey, look at you, please be careful what you do. Thanksgiving Day will soon be here. We eat turkey every year! Go and hide. We'll eat pizza as we should".


On the back they read: "This isn't just a turkey, as anyone can see. I made it with my hand which is a part of me. It comes with lots of love, especially to say, I hope that you have a very Happy Thanksgiving Day, 2009"!


Tomorrow there is a Thanksgiving feast planned for the class. Parents are invited to attend, and we are having a nugget tray, fruit and cheese. As one of the room mothers and having helped to plan the event, I am really looking forward to sharing in the lunch with all of the children in the class!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love those handprint turkeys! I got the same poem from my two. -Dana

Elizabeth said...

What great little artists!