Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanks-for-Giving!

Of the four seasons, fall ranks the highest in my mind. From our wedding anniversary, to the crisp cool air, to the simple joy of hay bales and pumpkins. They all lead to one thing – Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. The day is not surrounded by all of the pomp and circumstance of so many other occasions. It is not about giving gifts and materialism. Rather, it is simply about coming together as a family and remembering and celebrating all that you are thankful for in your life.

Personally, I am humbled by the perfection of my life. There was a point in time when I never thought I would be where I am today – married to an amazing man and blessed with boy/girl twins.

For that, I am grateful beyond words. Funny how despite finding myself beyond words, I can always managed to come up with just a few!

Trying to put all that I am thankful for this year into one post could comprise much more than anyone would care to read, so I will just note a few of the highlights:

· My amazing husband – Michael works four jobs to support our family and to ensure the ability for me to stay at home to raise Ella and Aidan.

· My little double miracles – Hearing “I love you Mommy” and “Mommy, I want to cuddle” never cease to melt my heart. I treasure our end of the day conversations – after baths and books we always talk about what we did that day (our highs and lows). I love those last few cuddles and being able to send them off into a happy, content slumber with memories of the day fresh in their little minds.

· My ever supportive family – everyone on both sides love and cherish our family and are always there for us in ways beyond measure

· Our health – above so many other things, all of us have been so blessed with good health and my heart goes out to those battling health related issues.

· Life itself – Days may be stressful and times may be tight, but at the end of the day, we have a roof over our heads, food on our table, shoes on our feet, clothing on our backs, and a clean bill of health. Does it get any better than that?

So there you have it, my mini-list of gratitude! I wish everyone a happy and safe holiday weekend, and as Ella likes to say:

Happy Thanks-for-Giving!


3 comments:

Juliane M. Kilcoyne said...

Happy Thanksgiving - we love you!

Elizabeth said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!!! Oh, Abby and Alex love to see the pictures of Ella and Aidan on your blog. -Dana