Friday, August 19, 2011

Flashback Friday

We are trying to make the most of these last few weeks before school starts, and the weather was finally nice enough for me to take Lauren outside with Ella and Aidan - low humidity and mid 80's - simply wonderful!

On Monday we spent the afternoon at the spraygrounds with Lavery and Landon. While us Mommies chatted, held babies and enjoyed each other's company, the tots all played in the water and had a ball!













Tuesday morning found all three of us at the dentist by 8:30 AM for Ella and Aidan's regularly scheduled cleaning. What possessed me six months ago to make the appointment so early in the morning is beyond me...but to my surprise, we made it on time!

Even more surprising was that Ella and Aidan went back with the hygenist without me for the first time! We had been discussing it for a few days, and they always seemed excited, especially now that they now what to expect...but I never thought they would actually follow through when the time came!

The best news of all - no cavities!







We joined "the boys" at the pool on Wednesday for some more water fun. This was my first time taking the trio to the pool on my own, and we did great! Lauren stayed in the shade with either myself or Teresa while we alternated with the big kids.

Now that Ella and Aidan can swim on their own, it makes things so much easier. I still insist on watching them like a hawk though - it makes me so nervous now that they do not use floaties anymore (well, Ella still does on occasion).

I do have to say that I thought it was a chore to pack for the pool before, with all of the snacks, change of clothes, towels, and dive toys. But now that the process includes all of the items for the baby, I have moved into an entirely new dimension of stuff to lug along!







We spent Thursday morning with Becca and Brinlee at our favorite toy store, Toys & Co just letting the kiddos play and hang out together. I completely forgot to take a picture - so sorry Becky!

Whew - busy week! Stay tuned to see our adventures planned for next week!

No comments: