Thursday, May 27, 2010

One Down, One to Go!

I may totally be jinxing myself, but it would appear to be that Ella is officially potty trained!

For some reason, this week it just seemed to really click for her. On Tuesday she begged me to wear her Minnie Mouse undies to school, so I obliged knowing that she had an extra change of clothes and...well...better them than me!

When I arrived to pick her up I was delighted to see her in the same outfit - she had done wonderfully and was so proud of herself!

She even asked me to take pictures of her that afternoon so that I could show them to Daddy, Grandma Shushi and Grandmommy because now she is a big girl!



Since that morning she has been accident free and in undies (aside from naps and bedtime)!

I am sure that we will have accidents and setbacks in the future, but (knock on wood) it seems that the bulk of the work with Ella is behind us!

As for Aidan, he prefers to stand on the sidelines, faithful friend Buzz Lightyear in hand, and cheer Ella on, always praising her and telling her what a big girl she is and that he is so proud.



He literally has zero interest and is not motivated by any sort of reward system. It may take me more time with him, but we WILL get there eventually!

2 comments:

Amy said...

YAYYYYYYYY Ella! Aidan will surely want to follow in the footsteps of his sister very soon, then he will be like a big boy and want to pee everywhere EXCEPT the potty.

Anonymous said...

Go Ella!! I tell you we need to get Alex and Aidan together soon. Maybe after watching him he will be more motivated ;)Dana