Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Time Out!

The discipline wars have officially begun!

Ella and Aidan are two very respectful, well-mannered little toddlers.  Behavior such as hitting, biting, throwing, kicking is unacceptable and is not tolerated in our household.  Neither of them ever actually behaves in that manner and for that, I have to say that Mike and I are so proud of our little munchkins!  

However, that does not mean that there is no need for discipline around here.  There is plenty of crying and whining to go around - enough to make me want to pull my hair out on some days.  A constant built-in playmate is wonderful, but also leads to lots of bickering over toys.

Ella is a toy stealer.  She is not mean, she just simply walks up and takes what she wants from Aidan.  I do not allow this behavior and reprimand her each time....sometimes, this continues and she finds herself in time-out.  She has gotten the hang of the process, and will even walk over to the time-out chair and sit herself down, albeit crying the entire time.

Aidan, on the other hand, has only been in time out once - and I think he was just as confused about it as I was.  He had been throwing food, and I warned him to stop.  When he didn't, off to time-out he went.  I have to say, he broke my heart so much that I had to take a picture.



Needless to say, he has indeed thrown food again, but not to the degree of needing a time-out.   

1 comment:

Juliane M. Kilcoyne said...

oooh, poor Aidan! You tell him he can come to Aunt Jule's house and throw as much food as he wants - Maggie will love it!