Friday, May 8, 2009

Flashback Friday - Exactly Two Years!

May 8, 2007

9:32 AM - Ella Jayne                                                     9:33 AM - Aidan Foster


Two Years

It all goes by so fast. Even these days right now where I am scrambling and exhausted. Or maybe MORE these days because I am scrambling and exhausted, I feel it all just slipping through my finger tips.  They really do grow up so fast and right before our very eyes.  Ella and Aidan were *just* born! Weren’t they? It is really hard to believe my two tiny little babies who cried and meowed all night long are now my two big kids who run, talk, and sleep all night long. They are both so amazing and I could never imagine a day without them.

They talk up a storm and both love being outside. We spend a lot of time at the park or in the backyard sliding and having picnics on the grass. They are both very active and love to run, jump, spin, climb, and slide. 

They are both such little sponges – soaking in all that is around them in the world. This innate toddler trait of “seeing and repeating” works in our favor most of the time.  Aidan has taken off in his vocabulary from listening to Ella’s constant stream of conversation, while Ella has taken off in her physical capabilities from watching (and copying) Aidan’s “no fear” attitude towards climbing, jumping, running, etc. 

They love each other and always notice when the other one isn’t around. They play together, sit on my lap together, laugh together, chase each other, share toys, hold hands, give kisses, squeezes and melt my heart.  Every single day they make me happier than I could have ever believed possible.

Happy Birthday My Little Loves!


May 8, 2007


May 8, 2008

4 comments:

Juliane M. Kilcoyne said...

Happy Birthday, Aidan and Ella!!
We love you SOOOO MUCH!!
Love,
Jul, Gill, Patrick and Finnegan

IS said...

Hi,
Just bumped into your blog, and loved what I read.
My brother's birthday is tomorrow and mine in 9 days from now, and though I am all hyper about it, your post just reminded me that had my mom been alive today, she would have written something as beautiful for me!
Wish your kids a very happy and healthy life always.
:)

Anonymous said...

Very sweet!! Happy Birthday to Aidan and Ella. Enjoy the twos. They are wonderful! -Dana

Jessica said...

Happy (belated) Birthday to Ella and Aidan! We've never met, but I love your mommy to death and therefore love you too! I hope age two is full of wonder, learning, excitement and play. Much love, JLB