Monday, April 28, 2008

R.E.A.C.H.

Reproductive Endocrinology Associates of Charlotte

If it weren’t for you, Ella and Aidan would not be here today. How in the world do you thank someone for giving you a gift like that? I haven’t a clue how to put it into words, but I am going to give it a try.

Dr Teaff
You greeted us with open arms from the beginning, and I so appreciated your honest and direct approach. I am not a sugar-coated kind of person, and you gave us the facts right from the start. When we had our miscarriage, I truly felt that a little bit of your heart was breaking right there with us. Then came round 2 – and the first ultrasound that showed quads. I saw your hesitation, and know that high order multiples isn’t what fertility clinics aim to produce. But I thank you for presenting our options - I am just grateful that we didn’t have to use them. Thank you, for guiding us through the hardest time in our lives.

Tonya
I owe you a huge thank you for being a friend. Yes, first and foremost you did your job as the nurse (I think that’s your title??), but for some reason you and I connected from day one. You helped me pass the time after each insemination when I had to remain on the table for 30 minutes and be still….you just kept popping back in to check on me and chat for a few quick seconds. You made me feel cared for, and that I wasn't just another infertility patient…I was a person. I am so thrilled that you sent me pictures of Jayden and Chloe! They are precious, precious girls!!

Marcy, Shane, Alice
You guys took over when I was “transferred” from IUI’s to IVF….and you took such good care of me. Always explaining each step of the process. IVF is so overwhelming the first time with all of the different injections, pills, procedures, etc. You always took the time to sit with me (or over the phone) and answer all of my questions, and I thank you for that – I know how busy you guys are with all of us infertiles out there!

The Unsung Heros
To all of those whom I never actually met or learned your names – the embryologists, the lab staff, the clerical staff, etc….. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for being an integral piece of the “pie” that brought our whole process full circle.

I sit here today with two little miracles, our “so-so quality” embryos that managed to make it though. You gave us the gift of two new lives – and for that, you will always have a special place in our hearts.


No comments: