Friday, April 25, 2008

Mike's Family

Mr & Mrs Parker
I know that you both remember first hand the sleepless nights and early mornings! A deep-felt thank you to you both for staying with me overnight when Mike was at the fire station for those first 3months…and for coming over at 6:30 AM so that I could leave for work. Those were some rough, rough times for all of us being up all night long with two babies and then working a full day.

You got us through the “4th trimester”, and I know you were a bit sad when I said that I needed to do it on my own. Honestly, it was VERY difficult on my own those first few times. Jennifer (Mike’s sister, for those who don’t know) told me at one point that someone at church had made a comment about how I should have “figured it out” by now and how she couldn’t believe that I was still “needing” help. Well, anyone who knows me at all knows that I do not take lightly to being told that I cannot do something on my own. So, that very day was when I called off the support troops….I know you were disappointed, and I missed the help, but it was time I did it alone.

I think you guys may have been a bit concerned as to how I would fare, and I cannot tell you what it meant to get the occasional phone call just to check on me and see if I had eaten that day or if I needed any assistance.

You have been there for us in countless ways, and your support does not go unappreciated one bit.



Jennifer
You have been a great help as well. I still laugh at the time you came to spend the night to help, and how you fell asleep sitting up in the bed while feeding Aidan! It was probably 3:30 or so in the morning….good thing I never really slept at all and managed to jolt you awake before someone fell off the bed!

We really love all of the Gymboree gifts, and I truly believe that many of them have helped Ella and Aidan developmentally. On the developmental note, I owe you a big thank you for always calming me down with my worries about their physical development. You have told me so many times that they will do it all on their own time…and you are right. They may be slower to crawl and walk than others….but they are definitely WAY above the curve intellectually. In the end, I guess that is what really matters….as you (and their pediatrician) have said, no one has ever carried their child into preschool!

I love your enthusiasm for the babies…sometimes I feel like you are almost as proud to be their Aunt as I am to be their Mother!



Mema, Aunt Pam & Uncle Hunter
I know that the babies do not get to see you often, but we tell them all about you all of the time! I have a picture book that I use to show them pictures of family members so they can learn faces and names. You may be surprised one day when you see them – they just might address you by name!!

We hope to see you all soon!!

No comments: