Friday, March 27, 2009

Flashback Friday

I have been growing increasingly sentimental over the past few weeks as Ella and Aidan get closer to turning two with each passing day.

They bring such joy to my life....I cannot even remember life before them.  I held a friend's newborn twins this past weekend and as I watched their little uncontrolled movements and listened to the sweet little grunts I suddenly found myself in "that place" - the one where women find themselves wanting more little ones. 

Everyone loves a newborn baby, but there is absolutely nothing as magical as two at the same time.

Did I savor every newborn moment? Am I a good Mother? Are we raising them to be well-mannered and polite little ones? Have I loved on them enough over the past two years? Did I record enough in pictures and video? I can barely even remember those early months - it was all such a crazy blur.

As May 8 approaches I have begun spending nap time scouring through all of their pictures from the past year to make the books and video of their second year. 

I cannot help but tear up, heck, sometimes truly cry, as I look at all of the pictures. I realize just how much they have grown and changed - and so darn quickly!

So, I have decided to each Friday a post similar to Wordless Wednesday.  I will post a pictures of Ella and Aidan from the same month - in either 2007 or 2008.  With each picture I will describe why it is a favorite of mine, what memory I have of that moment or place in time.

____________________________________________________________________________

March 2008 - 10 Months Old
Easter was in March last year.  

Opa and Grandma Suzy were here for the Easter weekend and we all went out to Freedom Park one afternoon.  It was Ella and Aidan's very first trip the the park (aside from the one in our neighborhood). 

Aidan was so cute playing Peek-a-boo with a blanket and Ella was just as happy as could be hanging out in the sunshine!





No comments: