Friday, February 8, 2008

Of All The Crazy Comments...

Last night, Mike and I went out for an early dinner (with the twins, of course) to Outback Steakhouse. Having little ones in tow instantly enters us into the "early bird" dinner hours in which only old people and those with small children dine.

Anyway, shortly into our meal, our overeager waiter (who was probably about 23 years old) makes the typical comment "Are they twins". He followed this up with what has to be the most asanine comment we have yet to hear in regards to the twins.

He continues the conversation by telling us how "popular" twins are these days...you see them everywhere and how it's all over the news how common they are.

Here comes the doozie:

He tells us how he and his girlfriend will be getting married soon and how they have been thinking about having twins because they want a girl and a boy. How did we get them? How much did it cost? Where do you get them?

Hmm...

Anyone who knows me knows darn well that my sarcastic "are you kidding me" tone of voice immediately appeared in reaction to such a statement.

I asked him just how he planned to orchestrate such a feat...and he said the same way you guys did.

Really?

(I'm not sure Mike was listening at this point - he was dealing with Aidan who was insisting on more bread and water).

I then started rambling on about testing, procedures, injections, surgeries, miscarriage, a problem free, but not worry free pregnancy (I dont even know what all I said at this point - it's all a blur). You dont just sign up on some roster somewhere for your "pick of the litter"!!

I think I scared him off.

No comments: