Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Apples 2012

After an early morning photo shoot, I rushed home just in time for us to head out to our favorite apple picking spot in the North Carolina mountains.  This was our third annual trip, and we once again had an amazing time!

After a nice quiet 2 hour ride up - Lauren had her morning nap, the twins watched a video, I read a book on my iPad, and Mike drove (he LOVES to drive in complete silence)....



....we grabbed a really nice lunch in Flat rock before heading to the orchards....






Once there, the twins were immediately off and about - not thrilled with my desire for photos, thus I captured only a sparse few of them, and typically with a disparaging look of some sort....



...I did; however, have one litttle remaining straggler who was amazed with the process and little enough that I can still keep up with my camera!








After a little time exploring the bamboo forest....



....we capped off the day with a wagon ride.  No apple cider donuts for us this year. Now that we are bound by the twins' school schdedule, we are forced to come to places like this on weekends as opposed to in the middle of the week. That being said, we waited in line for nearly 2 hours and were no closer to the front of the line...and gave up due to a restless little munchkin who was in dire need of an afternoon nap!

No comments: