Monday, July 18, 2011

Weekend Recap

Can you see a pattern developing? I am one tired Mommy these days and am really having a hard time coming up with anything profound to write about for this blog....

We believe that little Miss Lauren is following in her big sister's footsteps, as it seems that she is quite colicky. Everyone promised me that we would have an easy baby this time around....after all of the colic and reflux from the twins, people claimed that we were "due" a bit of a break.

Well, nothing in my life has ever come easy....and so we begin down the familiar road of non-stop crying for no apparent reason.

I bought an amber neckalce this weekend to see if that may help. They are all the rage these days, and I am willing to try anything! Despite the crying when awake...she is so sweet, and darn cute, especially when sleeping....as "cute as can bee!"!








Ella and Aidan are doing really well, all things considered. I was just cleared to drive on Friday, so at least I can get back to making grocery store runs. We are grateful for the help and meals we received both when my Mom (who went above and beyond the call of duty) was here and those from our close friends and neighbors,  but all good things must come to an end and we are now back to business as usual.

Anyway, back to our "happenings"!

The weather was so nice and cool on Friday that I attempted to take a little walk around the block with the kiddos. Skipping breakfast because Lauren was momentarily content and settled, I gave Ella and Aidan each Nutrigrain bars and told them we would have a "travelling breakfast adventure".  Needless to say this was a huge failure as Lauren literally screamed the entire time and I wound up just carrying her and pushing the empty stroller. 








We spent Saturday running a few errands, and while getting Aidan a much needed and overdue haircut, we stumbled along a little family fun fest so we took a little time for Ella and Aidan to jump around in the bouncehouse (Aidan refusd a picture)....
  






....and to get faces painted.






Sunday I wound up running errands with Lauren (boy is life easy with only one little one in tow!), while Mike took the kiddos to the pool to swim....and then to Trader Joes  - well, I should say that he took Spiderman and Ella to Trader Joes!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is so cute!! Great seeing you yesterday :) Dana