Saturday, July 2, 2011

Treasured Friends

We were so blessed to have so many friends come by to visit with us in the hospital and meet Lauren for the first time. 

I love the fact that (aside from the doctors, us and our parents) the first people to see and hold her were those that played such an important role throughout the pregnancy, and will continue to be involved in her life as she grows up. 

Friends like this are few and far between, and I treasure each one (even if I managed to miss capturing a few on camera...oops!)!







One of the most memorable introductions was for Ella and Aidan. 

Lauren had made a special gift for each of them to open upon her birth that contained a Big Brother/Big Sister shirt, books about becoming Big Brother/Big Sister, and a small personal gift for each (an Iron Man mask for Aidan and a package of princess lip gloss for Ella).

They were enthralled by her and loved every minute. 



3 comments:

Karen said...

I think Ella and Aiden are going to such big helpers. My friendly advice - just remember they were here first and are still important.

Anonymous said...

Hey, where is my photo ;)I hope your first couple of days home have been great! -Dana

Elizabeth said...

SO sweet :)