Thursday, June 9, 2011

Three Little Birds

We recently had a little family of baby birds on our back porch.

All along, I thought there were only two babies, and I amused myself thinking about Mommy bird and her little twins.






Then one day, there was a surprise third baby.....and I could not help but be even more amused at the similarities between this Mommy bird and myself!!





At any rate, the kiddos and I love to watch the babies and check up on them each day.

When Mommy bird was gone, the three babies sat perched high up in their nest, observing the curious world around them.

But when she re-appeared, they start squawking and chirping…begging for food. She’d quickly place food into their tiny mouths and then fly off to go get more for them.


We were fascinated watching her fly back and forth, as she gathered food for them.

I added my own commentary, as Ella and Aidan attentively observed the sweet bird family.

“Wow, look at them eat…I don’t hear any of them complaining about not liking what she’s giving them. I don’t see them spitting the food back out or wasting one little morsel”.

Of course, Aidan had to add, “Well, she’s probably feeding them something that they want, like macaroni and cheese".

No comments: