Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Night Before

Can you believe the day has finally arrived?!? I definitely cannot. 

To have worried for so long that you would make an early appearance and then to end up making it all the way to the end has been quite the roller coaster. I'm unexplainably excited to meet you tomorrow! I can't wait to find out how big you are, how long, and every other itty bitty thing about you! 

The beauty of a second pregnancy is that while being pregnant with your brother and sister I only thought becoming a Mommy would be great. Once they were born and during the past four years I have gotten to experience the absolutely best, most wonderful blessing of my life. So, now that I'm about to meet you, I'm not wondering how wonderful being your Mommy will be. I know it will be so amazing!



Part of me is a little sad to see this day come. Don't get me wrong. The past nine+ months have been very hard at times. However, tonight as I write this, I can feel you kicking and doing the rolly polly thing you do and I just can't imagine never feeling this again. The past few days I've been trying to memorize exactly how every little kick and squirm feels; how funny my belly looks when you get to moving so much I can see it from the outside; how many wonderful times your Daddy and I have had sitting in bed talking about the future with you in our family. You probably won't ever know or understand just how much joy you've already brought to our family.

I can't wait to see if you become a girly girl or wind up into sports. I wonder if you'll be a planner like your Mommy or prefer to fly by the seat of your pants like your Daddy. Or perhaps you'll surprise us all and take a path that I can't even picture right now. 

Tonight I'm so thankful for the blessing of you and the blessing of hope for the future. You are nothing short of a miracle and I'm already blessed to have been chosen to be your Mommy. 

So little lady, I'll be seeing you tomorrow. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life being your Mommy!







2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Good luck, thinking about you!

Holly said...

This is such a sweet post! Congrats and I hope the labor/delivery goes by fast!