Wednesday, June 29, 2011

39 Weeks

I am officially 39 week pregnant - as pregnant in weeks as I am in years!

I can no longer find my ankles and my feet are so swollen that they hurt and I cannot bend my toes. Acid reflux and heartburn are in full force and there is no longer much I can do to get comfortable. I always sound like I have just finished running up a flight of stairs, as it seems that I am consistently out of breath.

Hard to believe that I carried two babies last time and it felt like a much easier pregnancy.... but then again I was also five years younger and not keeping up with two four-year olds!

At any rate, it is a tad bittersweet to be approaching the end of the pregnancy. Albeit an unexpected tremendous first (pregnancy without the help of science), it is also a tremendous conclusion to our journey as a family. This is most definitely our last baby and as tired and swollen as I may be, I intend to savor each and every last moment!


How Far Along:
39 Weeks

Baby Stats: 
She should be over 7 pounds by now. She is "launch ready", head down and curled up with her legs on her chest and knees against her nose.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 
Around 20 pounds (as of last Friday)

Movement: 
Despite being full-term, she is still very active and moves around quite a bit. 

Sleep: 
Hoping for sleep to return in about 18 years once she heads off to college!.

What I miss: 
WINE and sushi!

Cravings: 
Subway Turkey Sandwiches, Crushed Ice, Watermelon, Orange Gatorade, Unsweet Tea with lemon





3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

(((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

I just looked at your blog...you sure don't look 39 years old...39 weeks preggo maybe...but you really look fabulous.

Good luck with the delivery and getting those twins adjusted to life with a baby in the house :)

Suzanne

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful! Good luck on Friday. Can't wait to hear your news!