Thursday, June 10, 2010

Jury Duty and Daddy Time

As it turns out, one day of Jury Duty really is not so bad.

I had to be at the courthouse yesterday morning at 8 AM and was dismissed at 4:30 PM. What did I do all day?

I sat in the Jury room with about 20 of my closest strangers. We watched all of Avatar (wonderful movie, by the way!), read books, worked on computers, chatted, had a 2-hour lunch, watched another movie (Old Dogs) while being served fresh popcorn, and eventually went home.

Aside from the obvious schedule disruption and loss of a day's income for Mike while he handled our little twinnado, it was a pretty good day!

In the end, Mike decided that he has no desire to do this stay-at-home gig every day, but one day every so often is great. He and the kids had a wonderful day, as evidenced by his time at the park!


We will have to see his thoughts when he completes his 4-day tour of duty while I am visiting Chris, Emily and baby Mia next week!

Something tells me that he will be just fine - he has already had phone calls from Grandaddy and Grandmommy with orders that they will be stopping by to help out a bit.

No comments: