Friday, April 16, 2010

Finally Friday

I just didn't have it together this week and everyday the thought that I just couldn't wait for the week to be over entered my brain. It was simply one of those weeks in which every intention you have just falls flat on its face. From patience to a new recipe, there it goes, from bad to worse in one fell swoop.

This morning I had a choice...to take a walk with Ella and Aidan around the block or to finally catch up on some housework. I chose the walk.

On our walk I just couldn't get my brain to turn off and relax. So many worries that I just cannot seem to get out of my head. From potty training to ailing friendships. From new babies to working on this blog. From Ella & Aidan's upcoming 3rd (gulp!) Birthday to worrying about kindergarten.

And then I just stopped and watched my little miracles play together for a few moments. I watched them marvel at a dandelion, took a deep breath, and simply thought of how very lucky I am to be living this wonderful life.

Good days or bad days, good weeks, or really tough weeks, I'd still choose this life in a minute. I'd chose to be here, staying at home each day with Ella and Aidan. I'd choose to have the failed recipes that no one eats, I'd choose to have arguments with my husband over stupid things, I'd choose to lose a little more hearing ability from the loud shrieks every time I tell the children no. I'd still pick the piled up laundry, the messy floors and the occasional lack of motivation to do anything about it. I'd still pick an emotional heartbreak, some tough life decisions, and a large spoonful of frustration any day of the week.

My worries are just that - my worries. It ends there. In the grand scheme of things, they are not real problems, just speedbumps along the road. Friends will come and go, meals will either be eaten or not eaten, Ella and Aidan will get potty trained, and the endless laundry will continue.

Life is precious, and unpredictable, and should never be taken for granted, tough days and all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this post. We are very much alike in our worries :) Keep enjoying every minute with your two little ones. Mine DO start kindergarten in the fall and everyday I wish I had more time. xxoo Dana