Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Smoovies!

Late last summer, my Mother-in-Law told me that she was searching for an item for her Mother - something called a Magic Bullet. She very quietly asked me if I knew what sort of store one would purchase such an item from. I knew exactly what she was thinking, so I giggled to myself and told her how much I have been wanting one as well and how I watch the infomercials all of the time. This actually was true - I have coveted the Magic Bullet for ages.

The look on her face was priceless as I finally let her off the hook and explained that it was actually a mini-blender type of kitchen appliance.

Needless to say, she marched herself to Bed Bath & Beyond and got one for both her mother and myself - I was thrilled!! However, I am embarassed to admit that for some reason I have not managed to actually use it - until today!

I cannot believe that I waited this long to use it - what was I waiting for? I am now hooked and cannot wait to use it for all sorts of other things!

Anyway, we celebrated the warm spring-like weather this afternoon with strawberry-banana smoothies. Well, "smoovies" according to the resident two-year old drinkers.

As you can see, the "smoovies" were an instant hit! The first batch was gone in minutes, so I made a second batch and we enjoyed them on the front porch before heading down to the neighborhood park.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have heard wonderful things about the Magic Bullet! Looks the smoovies were a hit. -Dana

Juliane M. Kilcoyne said...

That was such a funny posting! The smoothies look delicious - do you deliver?! ;)