Saturday, March 29, 2008

Wonderful Act of Kindness

Sometimes I am truly amazed at the kindness and selflessness of others. Ella and Aidan are the recent recipients of one of the most gracious gifts I think any baby has ever received.

Their Great Uncle Gary recently had a birthday. Gary is married to my Aunt Kiki - my Mom's sister (for those who dont know our family tree). When asked what he would like for his birthday, he said that all he wanted was something done for the babies....a donation to their college fund or a savings bond, etc. Nothing for himself...he just wanted things for Ella and Aidan. My parents were here for Easter weekend and brought Gary's "gifts" with them.

Ella received her own $50 saving bond, and Aidan received his own $50 saving bond. These are their first savings bonds, and it is so wonderful to think that there is such a meaningful story behind them.

I simply cannot think of a kinder or more generous thing to do for someone - to turn your own birthday wish into a gift for someone else is beyond words. I am so thrilled that they will each have something that one day will be worth even more money, but even more important is that they will know just what their Great Uncle Gary did for them.

Thank you Gary, from the bottom of all of our hearts. We love you and hope to see you soon!!

No comments: