Thursday, March 13, 2008

Missing: Have You Seen This Man?

Has Anyone Seen This Man?

Now that I am an official Stay-at-Home Mom (SAHM, for those that like acronyms), money is a bit tight. I have us on a good budget, but we still seem to fall short each month.

We have cut back in every way we can think of....combined cell phone plans, canceled the home security system (we have 2 canine alarms!), refinanced our house, reduced our cable service, and I stopped getting my nails done (I think this one hurt the most!!).

Enough sob story.....this is the way we think is best to raise Ella and Aidan, and I couldn't be happier. Well, that is until Mike pulls 4 shifts in a row. I don't think the full impact of just what that meant occurred to me until now. I simply saw it as good money...time and a half for his efforts - we should be able to pay the mortgage with just these few extra days of work.

In short, what this means is that Mike left for work at 5:30 AM on Monday, and has not been home since. He will be home tomorrow morning at some point (probably around 9:30 AM), but has to turn right back around and go back to the fire station on Saturday morning. Less than 24 hours home with the family.

Holy cow! This is a long time to be away. Before these babies came along, I probably would have been glad to have the time to myself....no bickering over what to watch on tv, eating whatever I wanted for dinner, having the whole bed to myself, etc. But, things are different now.

I can only imagine how tired Mike is....but he isn't writing this blog, so I cannot even begin to describe anything from his perspective. So, you are stuck with mine. Four (4) straight days and nights all alone with twins is, well, overwhelming to say the least. We did have one playdate that helped to break up the monotony and give me some much needed adult conversation. But, all three of us Moms in the playdate have twins, so there was only so much conversation that could happen amongst the chaos of the babies!

I am exhausted.

That's it...no other words for it....just plain EXHAUSTED!!. I love these babies with more than every ounce of my very being..but I would really like to to take a shower that lasts more than 30 seconds. I would LOVE to have the time to just shave my legs. Or do something other than pull my hair back out of my eyes with a barrett. Or actually eat a proper meal.

Funny that once the munchkins are in bed, what I choose to do with my time is post on this blog!! But, then again, this is my therapy!

Please come home, my darling husband! Though when you are home, I am ALWAYS the first one up in the morning to prepare the babies' breakfast, I miss our slumber parties with the babies on that rare weekend morning that you are home and we bring them into bed with us in an attempt to sleep past 6 AM.

I love you dearly and am grateful for all that you do for your family!


No comments: