Monday, March 3, 2008

A Few Housekeeping Notes

I have had a few people question me as to why I "delete" posts after a period of time....this question has now sparked an idea in my head (scary thought, I know) to give a little lesson on how this blog works.

First off, I NEVER delete any posts...I may get a bit creative at times and rearrange where things are...but I never delete anything....

Posts and Comments:
The main section (where the posts are located) is the largest column, thus allowing the most verbiage. One thing to note about each post is that there is a spot at the bottom that shows what time I made the post. Next to that time notation is something that shows how many comments people have posted.

I NEVER get any comments, and this makes me a bit sad....so, in the interest of letting me know what you think...would you leave a comment from time to time? Let me know your thoughts about a particular post, or just what you think of the blog in general...anything you want to say...let me know! This lets me know that my effort to keep friends, family and loved ones informed is not in vain!

Tickers, Bios, Previous Posts, etc:
The second column (to the right hand side) is a bit more narrow and is limited as to what I can fit in the given spacing. So far, I have chosen to put in a ticker (i.e. countdown) to Ella and Aidan's first Birthday, a little video of our travels before having children, a brief bio, and....

...the history of all of my previous posts. So, anything I have ever posted since the inception of this blog is indeed still out there for everyone to see!

In summary, I live for this blog (aside from my husband and children). It has become a form of therapy for me...and a hobby...I am in desperate need of a hobby (that is a whole different post / topic for another day!!). I get very little down time or personal time of any sort these days...so this blog is my outlet.

I hope that you enjoy reading about our little ones. There are days when the whining can grate on every last nerve of my very being...but those days are far outnumbered by the sheer joy of watching these two little beings discover the world a bit more each day.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Love it. Love the blog, love the pics, love your thoughts - everything. Thanks for sharing about your lives. It somehow makes the fact that we don't keep in touch very well just a wee bit better. :)

Anonymous said...

Jen, I hope you know how lucky the boys and I are to have you, Aidan and Ella in our lives. You are great friends. I'm sorry I haven't told you sooner, but I love reading your blog!! Keep it up! xoxo Jul