Friday, August 13, 2010

Flashback Friday

From newborn to size 6....


.... to the end of an era....


.... patience has finally paid off. 

No power struggles, no potty boot camps, no countless messy miserable days spent at home trapped with naked children, and most importantly - no tears! 

Yes, I may have waited a bit later than many others, and I may not be "supermom" because I did not train them at the same time, but I chose to follow their lead and was not about to endure the torture I have heard about so many others experiencing with potty training. 

Don't get me wrong - I am grateful that it is over! I am sure that there will be an occasional accident, but it sure feels good to say an official goodbye to diapers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Ella and Aidan and to you for getting through potty training!!!! -Dana

twinkietotmom said...

I was blog hopping tonight and came across your blog. I'm so glad to see someone else feels the same as I do on potty training. I have twin girls who just turned one and an almost 3 year old son. After having the girls potty training has been the last thing on my mind for my son although others seem I should be working on it. I figure he will tell me when he's ready! Hope you don't mind that I'm your newest follower...your twins are adorable!

Aunt Jennifer said...

Congrats!!!! You did very well and followed their lead which was the best way to go. And Aidan beat Ryan in the longest time to potty train a child. Ryan was two months shy of his 4th birthday.

Paula said...

I think you know your kids and did what was right for them. That is what a good mother does. So, you are "SuperMom!"