Monday, October 12, 2009

Rainy Day

Today is a chilly, rainy day and I was excited to entertain our little duo with this cute little play tent / tunnel that I have been holding out to use for a day just like today! The only problem was that I could not manage to assemble the darn thing for the life of me!

So, I decided to turn the morning into an adventure and we headed out to visit Mike at work (at Wesley Chapel Volunteer Fire Department) so that he could put the silly thing together for me. He was happy to see us and Ella and Aidan had a blast playing and getting in and out (and even on top of!) the fire trucks. Aidan just kept going from truck to truck,while Ella was really more interested in the exhaust thingy that attaches to the fire trucks - it hangs from the ceiling and "Swings, weeee", as she told us.







On the way home, I stopped at Wendy's to get lunch. I am not a fan of fast food, but since we are leaving for the beach this weekend and will be gone for a week, we are rationing the remaining food in our fridge so that we don't buy something that will spoil while we are gone.

Below is what happens when two, two-year olds have ketchup with their food and Mommy steps away for 5 minutes into the laundry room to fold clothes. I could hear them sqealing with delight and saying "Oooo, sticky! Now you do it!"! Gotta love face painting with ketchup!


After lunch, we finally played in the tent!


We have a whole second tent/tunnel that Granddaddy and GrandMommy bought for them, but are saving that one for the beach!

1 comment:

Juliane M. Kilcoyne said...

What a fun way to spend a rainy day!