Thursday, August 20, 2009

Our Apples and Their Tree

As Mike and I sat down on Tuesday night to plan our calendar for the month of September we realized that he will only have four days off in the entire month.  Out of 30 days, he will only be off for four of them!   

The thought of seeing him even less than we do now made me realize just how much we already miss him - he works four jobs just to keep our heads above water these days.  I am eternally grateful and just cannot seem to find the right words these days to express that gratitude.

Thank you. 

Thank you for being the guy who was unashamed to coo and make silly faces at our babies....regardless of who was watching.

Thank you for changing an obscene amount of diapers.

Thank you for being able to tell when your wife has had enough, and taking over without a fuss.

Thank you for thinking your wife is still beautiful even if she's still hanging on to way too many pounds.

Thank you for understanding that childhood goes so fast, and for eating up every minute that we are blessed to have with our kids.

Thank you for being so incredibly loyal to the three of us.

Thank you for being so fun.

Thank you for working so hard to support our family.

It has often been said that “The apple doesn't fall far from the tree!"

In our case...I hope they fall as closely to the "tree" as possible. 


2 comments:

Juliane M. Kilcoyne said...

That was beautiful. (I would write more but I can't see the screen through all my tears)

IS said...

Hey,

I am your reader from India and follow your blog really closely (it's on my blogroll). It's amazing how families in such distant parts of the world share such similar feelings and emotions.
Beautiful post. I am sure all your and your husband's hardwork will reap fruits.

Luck!