Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Mommy & Me Time

This afternoon I discovered what it would be like to have just one baby.

For some reason, Ella only slept for about 45 minutes of her afternoon nap. Despite the fact that I barely had time to scarf down a quick lunch and check my email before she began the screaming that ended her nap, she and I enjoyed some quality time with just the two of us. With Aidan still sound asleep, she and I shared a few moments which will become memories for a long time to come.

We read an old issue of Southern Living and pointed out the cars (her latest obsession) and the people:







We ventured outside and enjoyed the fabulous weather, exploring all of the wonders of trees, leaves, acorns.......













.........oh yes, and cars!



It was such a strange feeling not to have my second set of eyes working on overtime trying to keep track of where Aidan was headed. To be able to focus solely on one child was a surreal time for me...one that until today, I had never experienced.

No comments: