Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Birthday and Stomach Bugs

Well, I am seriously behind on working on the blog. I came down with that terrible norovirus that has been going around town in the middle of the night on January 29 and it was terrible! I was literally up all night long getting sick over and over again - not even 20 minutes of sleep!

I spent that Monday in a state of disconnect from my own brain and body, yet still had to care for the kiddos since Mike was at work. Thank heaven for Grandmommy who gave me a brief moment of rest and came over after I took the twins to school so I could rest for an hour. Then it was back at it to to entertain them all afternoon until she came back around 4:15 to keep all three until Mike got home around 5:30. I was completely non-functional.

I managed to sleep a bit Monday night, and then Tuesday we celebrated Mike's 36th birthday! I was still in pretty poor condition, but was not about to let it get in the way of my man's special day! We enjoyed a nice lunch together (well, eating was not really going too well for me yet, but I managed to do ok) while the twins were in school and then the kids and Mike had a fun afternoon (more on that in another post), and Grandmommy and Grandaddy came over for cake that evening.

It was low key, but a fabulous day together!

Happy Birthday, my Love!



 

Wouldn't you know it, that Friday evening Aidan, Ella and Mike all came down with the bug as well and spent one rough night getting sick over and over again. Everyone was pretty sick all weekend and enjoyed a few days on the couch watching lots of movies.

No comments: