Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Greenville!

We spent an amazing day this past Sunday in Greenville, SC with Opa and Grandma Shushi.

We met them just around 10 AM and while Mike and Grandma Shushi entertained the kids over lunch, I took my Dad out for a wonderful brunch - just the two of us! Yep, a long, adult meal in a place with white tablecloths and no kids menu. Simply stated, it was fabulous! Sure, the meal was incredible, but the company is what made the experience. Just my Dad and I chatting about old times and getting to spend some much needed quality time together.

We reunited along Main Street and browsed through a great toy store, a Mast General Store, and capped it off with ice cream for the kiddos.







We then wandered down to Falls Creek Park and played along the waters edge, ran around in the fields and climbed on rocks (well, the kids did while we sat and relaxed a bit).






After a quick rest back at Opa and Grandma Shushi's hotel, we headed to dinner, and eventually headed back to Charlotte, making it home around 10:30 with two sleeping sweeties.

It was an amazing day, and I highly reommend heading down to Greenville for a wonderful day trip! It sure has changed since my college days at Furman, and even back when I lived and worked there!

No comments: