Thursday, February 17, 2011

New Rooms

We knew as soon as we found out about this new pregnancy that the guest bedroom was a goner. It is just so ironic that I had literally just finished redecorating the room! 

At any rate, Ella immediately claimed "Opa and Grandma Shushi's room" as hers. It was not even up for any sort of negotiations. 

She was beyond excited about moving, and has told us repeatedly how much she loves the room. She even helped pick out the chandelier and the new drapes.

Honestly, I am not sure who loves her room more - Ella or myself. It is the perfect little girl's room - just the right touch of princess without going overboard!



Aidan, on the other hand, was dead set on staying put. He had absolutely no interest in changing rooms.

That was his standpoint until we actually moved Ella into her new room.  Then, he was all about having a bigger room and giving the small room to the new baby!


Just like Ella, he LOVES his new room, as do I now that he has the floor space to play with cars or do his floor puzzles!




And so, both Ella and Aidan have new rooms and they both just seem so grown up!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I can't wait to see the nursery! -Dana

Andrea said...

Ohhhhh....sighsssssss...Come decorate my house! They are beautiful! I'm excited to see what you do with the nursery.

Jane said...

love the rooms!! Funny in my twin house - Margaret has the room on the front too , Thomas has the room on the back and the baby gets the small room at the top of the stairs. It works!

twinkietotmom said...

I love both rooms! The nursery is bound to be great as well!