Monday, September 22, 2008

Weekend Re-Cap

Well, it was another busy weekend at the Parker household!

On Friday I decided to try my hand at grocery shopping on triple coupon days at Harris Teeter. Basically, I learned that I have a lot to learn about couponing! I made my shopping list and sorted all of the coupons before I left the house...even had them all organized according to locating within the store.

I also had Ella and Aidan with me, which meant that I had to be quick - they only have so much patience! Even though they absolutely LOVE to ride in the special 2-seater cart, eventually someone is bound to bite / hit / pinch the other before too long. This picture is from one of Mom & Dad's past visits, but shows their favorite grocery cart.

Anyway, there were women there with huge binders of coupons...and they were very aggressive. I was actually a bit scared as some were very pushy and oblivious (or didn't care) about the two little ones I had in tow.

I did manage to save about $40....not too bad for my first attempt. I'll do better next time!

When I got home and unloaded everything, Aidan decided that he needed to help with the toilet paper. He proceeded to carry it around for nearly an hour placing it in different spots.



On Saturday Mike and I took the kids to Festival in the Park. This is a huge arts and crafts festival that comes in September every year.

Last year we went and had Ella and Aidan in the Baby Bjorns - and it was ridiculously hot and a miserable experience. This year the weather was perfect, but Ella and Aidan were still too little to do any of the kid related rides. Next year should be just right for them to enjoy everything that the festival has to offer.

On Sunday, Ella learned to color without eating the crayons and made her very first picture!

I set up their Aquadoodle pad and let them have fun. Aidan was not interested in the least. Ella; however, got right to work. She did so well that I decided to give her some paper and crayons and I am now a very proud Mom with Ella's first artwork hanging on the refrigerator!





No comments: