Thursday, August 28, 2008

Share A Toy? Who Are You Kidding?

THE TODDLER’S CREED
If I want it, it’s mine.
If I give it to you and change my mind later, it’s mine.
If I can take it away from you, it’s mine.
If I had it a little while ago, it’s mine.
If it’s mine, it will never belong to anyone else, no matter what.
If we are building something together, all the pieces are mine.
If it looks like mine, it’s mine.

(Dr. Burton L. White)


Ella had the wipes case and was playing quietly by herself. Aidan decided that he wanted the wipes case.

She tries to get it back

She looks to me to solve the problem.

She makes one more feeble attempt to get the wipes case back into her possession...

...but ultimately gives up, clenching her tiny hands into tight fists and gritting her teeth.

Aidan may have won this round, but she has certainly won her fair share in the past!

No comments: