Thursday, August 23, 2012

Open House

On Tuesday we visited Waddell Language Academy again for our final open house before school starts next week.





Ella and Aidan are in separate classes this year - Ella will be with Frau Bonaddio and Aidan will be with Frau Malave. The rooms are right next door to each other and maintain the exact same schedule, even coming together quite often for various learning activities.



We found our desks....



....and cubbies....


....and picked up our carpool tags (lucky #208 - that was my lucky # when I used to ride in equestrian competetions back in high school!) and our nametags for when Mike and I come to visit the school.

We also got the bus information....I am really thinking that after the first week or two we might utilize the bus, at least in the  afternoon. The shuttle stop is literally right around the corner and the pick up time of 3:48 would allow Lauren to get in her afternoon nap at home every day as opposed to in the car waiting in the car pool line!

Ella and Aidan did fabulous. They are still a bit hesitant and shy, but that is to be expected. I definitely anticipate tears (in addition to my own) on the first official day when Mike and I actually have to leave them there, but I feel confident that they are in an amazing school with amazing teachers.

I cannot believe that we are so close to the first day of school. It seems like just days ago that our biggest worry was transitioning from bottles to sippy cups and from formula to whole milk.

No comments: