Friday, October 29, 2010

All in the Details

When it came down to it this year, there really was no question as to who Aidan wanted to be for Halloween. I wish I could bottle and keep forever the intense happiness that overcame my little man the minute he was all suited up for the first time. After meeting Buzz Lightyear in Disney World - what a dream come true to actually become the man himself!



As for Ella, she had a bit of a debate as to whether she wanted to be a princess or Jessie - for all of about 30 seconds. Once she saw the Jessie costume, the deal was done!





In the end, what amazed them both about their costume selections was the little details. The lasers, wings, etc. for Aidan and the pony tail, Jessie broach and fringe for Ella. They both noticed and marveled over every little last detail.






I love how thrilled they both are to be Buzz and Jessie - and am finding myself marvelling in the little details that this year's Halloween is bringing. For the first time, they are acutely aware of costumes, trick-or-treating, and all sorts of spooky things. 


It is all happening way too fast and I MUST remember these moments and revel in the little details of my little ones.

No comments: