Friday, February 12, 2010

Snowy Evening

Well, for the first time that I can recall in my 37 years, we have gotten snow twice this winter season!

It started snowing tonight at around 5:30 and it is still snowing as I am getting ready to go up to bed. Ella and Aidan were so funny this evening that I just had to sneak in a post before I go to sleep.



The kids were so excited this evening and after they said goodnight to the falling snow, they decided to gang up on me and plead for a slumber party - in other words - they both wanted to go to sleep in Mommy & Daddy's bed.

I am a total sucker and decided to let them have a try. They really, really loved sleeping in the same room at Opa and Grandma Shushi's last weekend, so what the heck!

Much to my surprise, they sat up there singing songs from "Yo Gabba Gabba" for about 1 hour, and then fell asleep.

They were so sweet together that I just had to take a few pictures!

I put them in bed at around 7:20 PM, but kept heading back upstairs every so often because I was worried about one of them falling out of bed.

7:45 PM - Still Playing & Singing


8:45 PM - Finally asleep - now you can see why I worry - Aidan likes to sleep on the edge of the bed!


11 PM - How I found them when I went to bed. Be still my heart!


Needless to say, our little queen sized bed gets exceptionally small when you add in two toddlers! I wound up "sleeping" like a dog across the foot of the bed - not a good night's rest.

But, the kids had tried something new and had some fun and sibling bonding and that is all that really matters to me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the exact reason why, when we move, we are upgrading to a king! So cute. -Dana

Juliane M. Kilcoyne said...

What a fantastic pajama party! They look so comfy!