Saturday, January 24, 2009

Just a Random Saturday...

I think Ella predicted the future today...

Mike left for work early this morning, so I was in for another weekend day alone with the kids. On days like today, I usually make them pancakes or waffles...but of the frozen variety.

Ella and Aidan know the sound of the freeze drawer opening and always come running when they get the slightest hint that I may be in that secret drawer of fun. 

Ella loves ice.  Aidan, not so much.  She will carry around pieces of ice and suck on them until they are either gone, or melted puddles scattered about the floor.

This morning, she picked her biggest piece yet!


After breakfast, I took the kids on a Target run, and then to lunch. On our way home from lunch we stopped at the fire station to see Mike and spend some time with "Dada".  Well, poor little Aidan was exploring and when I chased after him, he tripped over my foot and landed face first onto the hard concrete.

Aidan got his first fat lip.  


Good thing we were in a fire station!  All of the medical amenities we could want or need, and plenty of assistance!

He was pretty miserable for the rest of the day, and refused to eat much dinner.  It's a good thing he always has his bunny.



No comments: