Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Merry Twinmas!!




For some reason, I am not able to write anything deep or profound these days. Perhaps it is because I feel as though I am literally on the brink of some sort of clinical exhaustion. If I am not at work, I am home with the babies for 24 hours, often without encountering another adult to converse with. When I do work, I get home and immediately begin the nighttime bed routine of dinner, bath, and bed (sadly, not for me - for the babies. The Holidays, as joyous a time as they are, seem to just exacerbate the symptoms.

We have been frantically collecting all of the necessary food, diapers, etc. to go out of town for a week. Who knew that two little ones who are so small needed so much stuff! And even as I am typing this post, I am thinking of more things that need to be added to the list (which, by the way, is typed out in Excel with columns to check off when each item is packed to leave and packed to return home!). Yes, somehow, I still find the energy to attempt to be as organized as humanly possible.

But, in the end, I wouldn't have it any other way. I would not trade one moment of stress or one moment of lost sleep. After all, Ella and Aidan truly are our little miracles..and our dream come true. Yes, we needed a little bit of science's help to get them here...in fact, I thought of something the other day on my way to work. Whoever it was that said money can't buy happiness obviously never paid for infertility treatments. I would have paid any amount of money for the happiness we now have in our lives.

1 comment:

Aunt Jennifer said...

Merry Christmas to my brother and his family. I hope that this year since you guys are away with family maybe they will allow you a little relaxation. Maybe sleep in one morning or eat a hot meal. Wouldn't that be great.

We are so happy at the family that YOU have created (not just a lab). I couldn't imagine our family without a single member of you in it. We all love you.